Friday 13 November 2015

how did it get so late?

I am sure it was spring when I last looked up from my desk.

Life is so not planned, I have been busy and life has been busy and family had been busy. I make no excuses, I have been busy. I am currently doing a blended learning course from the future learn folk which is amazing, and throwing so much at me so fast. Ideas that are firing off right left and centre. On of these was the google hangouts space that allows you to create and keep in touch over any devices as long as you google! Wow I brought up my google to play with and noticed in the list of what else they have poor lonely blogger and couldn't work out how long since I blogged last.

My world is as full as always, I have been working on various CPD events, I am getting my fellowship running better and am supporting where needed to my mentees. I am still the chair of the local branch of the cilip Scotland and have great plans and ideas to bring that more into focus. I have been overseeing a big library refurbishment that has had my boss talking about it being a new flagship library and still have my new build that I watch the cranes work, out my windows, on.

Family is odd as ever, Husband is working close by so no long distance phone calls and worrying about how far he is which is a blessing, just wish he would steal less bed cover! Oldest job hunting. Youngest off at college and actually going for a job interview today (fingers crossed) and hoping to get a flat, very soon, for himself. Middle child gave up at end of first year at uni and is currently working in Milan. No I have no idea what that one is up to either!

Last night we had Storm Abigail, which has caused some amusement to us in the north as we tend to just go 'hum bit more blowy than normal, never mind!' Personally I think they are trying to head off any more Hurricane 'Bawbeg's from happening, we still get the wind but no more vaguely naughty names attached. Also how great we start with Abi - 'Gale' and even pull that one from future abuse!

This is a shot of the Teenage section in the refurbished library before we finished and opened! I love how the contrast between the dark wood doorway and quiet room I took the shot from and the bright sunny space for teens and the fab surfing picture and bright new books waiting for the teenagers to come and borrow them.

I will be blogging again and have so much to put up that I shouldn't forget in a hurry, keep well and an early happy Christmas just in case my work load goes south again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment